To our valued Métis Citizens, Partners and Friends:
During these times we want to re-assure you all that we will continue to adjust our work and act in accordance with the latest government recommendations. Safety is paramount to our community, and staff of our operations, and as such are taking the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously. We want to ensure you that we will continue to act in a manner that puts the safety and health of our employees and communities first. We have enacted the following policies and measures as part of our pandemic planning:
- Lower the risk to our employees by adopting the guidelines related to “social distancing”
- Increase at home and remote work where possible
- We have instituted a “no-handshake” policy
- Employees who have travelled recently are required to self isolate at home for 14 days.
- Utilize email and video conferencing as much as possible.
- We've closed our offices to the public until further notice.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and taking all recommendations to ensure the safety of our employees, their families, our customers and the general public. We all have a role in the health and safety of one another during this difficult time, and we thank you for your efforts. Where possible, please take care of those most vulnerable.